Monday, September 11, 2006

St. Therese of Lisieux: Warrior Saint

(A picture of St. Therese of Lisieux dressed as St. Joan of Arc)

Some quotes;
“’I want to fight for Jesus…/To win for him souls without number/ I want to love Him more and more! (The words of St. Joan of Arc in one of Terese’s plays)
Lord God of armies, you said in your Gospel, ‘I came to bring not peace but a sword’. Arm me for the struggle. I yearn to fight for your glory, but I beg you, strengthen my courage… (A prayer by St. Therese of Lisieux inspired by a picture of Joan of Arc)
Soldier of Christ, lend me your weapons
On behalf of sinners, here below I want
To struggle, to suffer in the shadow of your palms
Protect me, come to support my arm.
For them, by unceasing warfare,
I want to take by violence the Kingdom of God
For the Lord brought on earth
Not peace, but the Sword and Fire!
(The Poems of St. Therese of Lisieux, TO THE VENERABLE THEOPHANE VENARD, MARTYRED)

St. Therese of Lisieux is an indirect warrior saint. She spent most of her adult life in a convent. But through here little way she battled the devil and has brought people to Christ. She continues to fight for love of Christ. St. Therese of Lisieux please pray for us.

The Relics of St. Therese of Lisieux

1 comment:

Ben D. Kennedy said...

I have a couple more pictures of St. Therese dressed as St. Joan posted at:
St. Therese and St. Joan of Arc

Let me know what you think about the picture with the crosses in her eyes. It is pretty amazing.

Blessings!