Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Prayer and Fasting: The Weapons

…his disciples secretly asked him: Why could not we cast him out? And he said to them: This kind can go out by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. (Mark 9:24-26)

I really enjoy thinking and debating about the faith. It is rather like a hobby to me. Prayer and fasting are things that are not as entertaining. It is a sad thing to admit; I am moved more by entertainment than by love. Prayer and fasting is what I need most. It would turn my faith from a trivial hobby into a love affair with God. Jesus, grant me this grace.

This has to be the foundation of any apologist. We are called to be saints. And without striving to give our whole hearts to Christ, we are just playing soldier. Our nation has this demon, the type that can only be cast out by prayer and fasting. Let us heed the call for Christ our King.

No comments: