Thursday, January 12, 2006

St. Andrew Tie Knot

Well next time you put on your tie to go to Mass make sure that you make a St. Andrew tie knot to give props to Jesus’ worthy servant. I don’t know why I like obscure saint references. I guess because I like subtle reminders of God to be woven throughout my every day experiences.

St. Andrew tie knot

Legend says that the Apostle St. Andrew was martyred by being crucified to an X because he did not feel worthy to be crucified in the same manner as Jesus. Because of this legend St. Andrew is usually depicted caring a large X and the X has become his symbol. The tie knote is called St. Andrews because it makes an X to tie it. How does this help you in doing apologetics? I don't know, but it can't hurt. Link

1 comment:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Heehee, I'll have to remember this one for the once or twice a year I can get the hubbs to wear a tie!