Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Confirmed to be a Soldier of Christ

I must rely on the supernatural to defend the faith well. Through the sacrament of Confirmation I received the strength to be a soldier of Christ. The Holy Spirit and His grace have been given to me, in a more complete way, to fight for the faith of Christ. I have been given the Holy Spirit like the Apostles at Pentecost. I have received the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Fortitude
Knowledge
Piety
Fear of the Lord

I need to walk in faith and confidence that the Grace that I received through the Body of Christ is sufficient to conquer the enemies of the Church. I have been marked with the permanent seal of the Holy Spirit and I must live this truth. I must fulfill my baptismal oath. I am a soldier of Christ.

Novena to the Holy Spirit for the Seven Gifts

No comments: