Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mozart Made Me Do It

When people ask me about my conversion today, I often tell them I was converted by Mozart. That is an exaggeration, but not far from the truth. It was through music and art that I encountered a positive, inspiring vision of Catholicism. To be young is to be a sensualist, and it was through my ears and eyes that I first became attracted to the faith. Link

Our Pope before he became Pope said the following in regards to Mozart;

You might say that there Mozart thoroughly penetrated our souls, and his music still touches me very deeply, because it is so luminous and yet at the same time so deep. His music is by no means just entertainment; it contains the whole tragedy of human existence. Link
Listen to one of B16's favorite songs writen by Mozart; Quintet for Clarinet

No comments: