Friday, December 23, 2005

Christ’s Mass (A.K.A. Christmas)

Say with the Royal Prophets, “I opened my mouth and panted.” And your Savior will respond, “Surely I come quickly; you shall see me very soon.” Your eyes at the midnight Mass will gaze upon the elevated Host and your lips will utter, “My Lord and my God.” A few minutes more and the little Infant will have come to you. His Immaculate Mother did not hold him more truly in her arms that first Christmas midnight than you will have him, heart to heart. Then all the love of that Infant Redeemer will be poured out upon you. It’s a thirst of the heart of every creature that desires to be loved, and the love which can alone satisfy that craving is the Divine Love. Let your hearts delight in the love your God has for you, personally, individually.
by Saint Katherine Drexel

No comments: